Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Greece!

I'm a little late updating, but we visited Greece for our last cooking club.  On the menu:


Easy Greek Salad
Oven Roasted Greek Potatoes
Spanakopita
Baklava

Everything was very tasty.  We found that phyllo dough is rather tricky to use, but yummy when it bakes and puffs up.

Only a few kids actually tried the Spanakopitas (spinach-feta cheese puffs) - but those who did thought they were pretty yummy (for spinach).

Overall, I'd consider our Greek cooking successful.

Up next is Japan!

On the menu for Japan :

Chicken Teriyaki
Rice
Stir-Fried Veggies
Tea
and Homemade Ice Cream (just for fun -- not really for Japan!)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I for sure would eat those spinach-feta cheese puffs. The potatoes sounds great too. Just visiting your blog from Weekly Wrap Up. This is a great idea for cooking. I like what's on the menu for Japan next week!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete